Based in Canada & Germany
November 29th 2018
Windows, Mac OS X, Ubuntu Linux
In Parkitect you are a theme park designer, tasked with building and managing theme parks across a 26 level campaign mode. It also includes sandbox mode and Workshop support to easily share and play new parks. In Parkitect, the emphasis is on management with a resource management system and sometimes picky guests to take care of.
Texel Raptor's debut game. Originally Kickstarted after a couple prototypes in August 22, 2014 by game artist Garret Randell, programmer Sebastian Mayer and sound studio A Shell in the Pit. A year later it reached Early Access and quickly gained a dedicated community who even figured out how to mod the game early on. Since then, the community and Texel Raptor have worked together in adding new features and content over the years in development, with the goal of bringing back the best of classic theme park games with many new features and content on top.
- Play through a 26 level campaign, revealing and adding to the colorful world map
- Sandbox mode including a terrain generator for easy creation
- Workshop support for sharing parks, scenarios, custom scenery and more to come
- A powerful, piece-based track builder that allows for resizing and custom banking angles for most roller coaster pieces
- Night mode where your rides come to life with animated lighting
- Extensive modding support
Trailer (Release) YouTube
Trailer (Alpha) YouTube
Nerd³ Tests... Parkitect Pre-Alpha YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "Why has it taken someone this long to start making this game?"
- Graham Smith, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "[Parkitect] does have gorgeous isometric rollercoasters [...] and I want it now."
- Adam Smith, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "...I just wish I could type Parkitect all day long it's such a great name."
- Luke Plunkett, Kotaku
- "Listed as one of the top 33 indie games to look for"
- Patrick Hancock, Destructoid
- "Parkitect is looking to be a fantastic overhaul of the Theme Park experience, a new game that many of us have been wanting based on those great retro classics for a very long time."
- , Indie Retro News
- "We're painfully overdue for a theme park simulation game like this and it's exciting to see it in the works."
- Julie Morley, Cliqist
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Texel Raptor allows for the contents of Parkitect to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Parkitect is legally & explicitly allowed by Texel Raptor. This permission can be found in writing at https://www.themeparkitect.com/presskit/sheet.php?p=parkitect.
This imgur album documents the development process of the game and contains lots of additonal GIFs and screenshots: imgur.com.
About Texel Raptor
We're some dudes making a game!
More information on Texel Raptor, our logo & relevant media are available here.